The Ville Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I've have a rather secret hobby - had it for all of the time we've owned the Mitchells Island property: collecting river stones. They might actually be beach stones, but they are very much part of the landscape in this neck of the woods. These varied stones call to me, so I answer by collecting them and bringing them home to Scotts Rd. For my recent birthday, I asked for and received a professional rotary tumbler. At the moment I'm "cooking" a batch which, when it's done after about a month or so, should yield polished stones. Hide & watch!

2 Comments:

At 10:23 am, Blogger danielboris said...

Next time lets get some "before" pictures so we can see the changes.

 
At 11:09 am, Anonymous Jen Taylor said...

I have a similar love for stones, and have had a small stack of them at home for a while now..... that was until a small someone started throwing them at windows!

The 'tumbler' sounds like a great idea. My grandfather had one. I have fond memories of walking along beaches looking for petrified wood (though I never could work out why it would be scared!) He was in a lapidary club and used to make jewellery with semi-precious stones, too.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product Eve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home